USAnaru™ — Your crossing to the right U.S. school.
Reading time:
Views: 22
Claude: 2 Others: 3
Read by AI & crawlers
Claude2
Others3

Named by what the crawler says it is; look-alikes we detect are counted under Others. Google · Gemini includes Googlebot, Google’s search crawler, whose index Google also uses for its AI features; other search engines and bots are in Others.

News & guides

All NewsGuide · Visa & I-20 rulesJ-1 exchange
GuideVisa & I-20 rules

No more D/S: what the fixed admission period means for F-1 boarding school students

Since September 15, 2026, new F-1 students are no longer admitted for "duration of status" (D/S) but until a fixed date: the program end date on the Form I-20, capped at 4 years, plus 30 days to depart. A boarding school student who needs more time must apply to USCIS for an extension of stay (Form I-539) or leave and be readmitted. Students already here on D/S keep their I-20 program end date, up to a limit of November 14, 2030.

Oct 10, 2026USAnaru™
Views: 0 AI & crawlers: 5
GuideVisa & I-20 rules

How to check whether a U.S. boarding school can issue an I-20

A U.S. private school can enroll an F-1 student only if it is certified by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) — that certification is what lets the school issue the Form I-20. You can check any school yourself on the official SEVP list at Study in the States; on USAnaru™, every boarding school page shows whether we matched it to that list and when the list was dated.

Oct 10, 2026USAnaru™
Views: 4 AI & crawlers: 3
USAnaru™ — Your crossing to the right U.S. school.
Reading time:
Views: 22
Claude: 2 Others: 3
Read by AI & crawlers
Claude2
Others3

Named by what the crawler says it is; look-alikes we detect are counted under Others. Google · Gemini includes Googlebot, Google’s search crawler, whose index Google also uses for its AI features; other search engines and bots are in Others.